Deputy Nursery Manager Bushey
All Hands on Deck!
As a deputy manager, you will assist the manager in the everyday running of the nursery and support the staff team whilst building strong parent partnerships.
You will possess the ability to progressively lead the team towards achieving outstanding care and education in already well established nurseries.
The successful candidate will ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- To assist the manager with all administrative duties associated with the management of the setting
- To ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- To promote high standards of quality within the nursery regarding the following;
- Nursery environment and resources for children
- Experiences offered to children
- Planning and record keeping
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health and safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
- Assist in the induction and training of staff in health and safety and first aid in the setting
- To assist in the recruitment of and induction of new employees
- To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Strong people management skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- CACHE level 3, NNEB, NVQ Level 3 essential
Quality Childcare is Dependant on Quality Staff
We have strong beliefs in trying to promote internally and therefore encourage (and in many cases fund) employees to participate in further development and training courses to achieve excellence.
These range from in-house training to degree level qualifications.
Some of the specialist training we provide are;
- Working with parents
- Infant & child nutrition
- Child protection
- Key person
- Paediatric first aid
- Food Safety & Hygiene
- Risk assessment
Some of The Benefits We Give
- 25 days annual holiday
- Additional day off for birthday
- Discounts on childcare places
- Workplace Pension (If eligible)
Applying is Easy!
Recruiting the right team members to work with and care for our children is extremely important to us and the families we look after.
All applicants should hold a recognised Early Years qualification or be prepared to undertake training with the support of our highly experienced training provider.
Submit all applications to [email protected]
All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.