Team Leader Vacancy Bushey
All Hands on Deck!
Work closely with the Nursery Manager & Deputy Nursery as part of a dedicated team caring for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
They will have sole charge of a base room, ensuring that the ratios are met at all times as well as the safeguarding and welfare requirements and support the other staff in the rooms and encourage them to work to their full potential and ensure everyone respectfully at all times and to promote equality and inclusion.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Advise Manager/SENCO of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
- Assist in making sure setting in fully inclusive
- Promote fairness and equality in the workplace
- Have awareness of the “British values”
- Potentially act as SENCO for the nursery
- Ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
- Health & Safety
- Assist in the efficient upkeep of the building and maintenance/stock of equipment, furnishings and fittings
- Report any broken/faulty items to the management team
- Complete daily checklists and six weekly risk assessments for your base room, to be given to the management team on a Monday morning
- Ensure the garden area is clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure the base room and other areas of the nursery are kept clean at all times
- Liaise with local authorities and agencies associated with the nursery – actively supporting changes as required
- Liaise with parents and deal with any queries that they may have or escalate them as appropriate
- Support nursery assistants, students and volunteers
- Develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Professional development
- Attend 3 core courses (1stAid, Safeguarding, Food safety) and any additional courses relevant to the role
- Undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training coordinator, safeguarding Officer etc if the opportunity arises.
- Keep up to date on new initiatives/legislation.
- Attend courses from the “Young in Herts” training site to extend on skills and knowledge and to keep up with the changes in legislation
- Attend Management training
- Be involved in out of working hours’ activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, etc
- Record Keeping/Paperwork
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members) by planning, observation and assessment
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life (Including special books.)
- Staff Management & Development
- Attend and actively contribute as well as chair staff meetings, which are held monthly, outside, work hours
- Hold Room meetings and Room Leader meetings
- Attend Offsite meetings as required
- Develop good relationships with the parents, being honest, polite, interested, approachable and friendly, encouraging the parents to talk about any queries that they may have
- Ensure all staff work to the same standard and are aware of all the children’s needs i.e. dietary requirements, sleeps etc
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Strong people management skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- CACHE level 3, NNEB, NVQ Level 3 essential
Quality Childcare is Dependant on Quality Staff
We have strong beliefs in trying to promote internally and therefore encourage (and in many cases fund) employees to participate in further development and training courses to achieve excellence.
These range from in-house training to degree level qualifications.
Some of the specialist training we provide are;
- Working with parents
- Infant & child nutrition
- Child protection
- Key person
- Paediatric first aid
- Food Safety & Hygiene
- Risk assessment
Some of The Benefits We Give
- 25 days annual holiday
- Additional day off for birthday
- Discounts on childcare places
- Workplace Pension (If eligible)
Applying is Easy!
Recruiting the right team members to work with and care for our children is extremely important to us and the families we look after.
All applicants should hold a recognised Early Years qualification or be prepared to undertake training with the support of our highly experienced training provider.
Submit all applications to [email protected]
All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.